At Aqua World Ibaraki Oarai Aquarium, we have established the "Aqua World Ibaraki Oarai Aquarium Acceptance Guidelines for Intern Trainees" in accordance with our hotel regulations.If you are interested in work experience and training, please consider the following and apply.Please note that in some cases we may not be able to accept your request.
Professional school breeding training, curator training, workplace experience
Breeding practice (for university students in fisheries, biology, animal science departments, and vocational school students)
Currently, only the Fish Exhibition Division is accepting applications.
*Due to an outbreak of avian influenza in a neighboring prefecture, we will be closed for the time being.Canceled acceptance of breeding training at the Marine Mammal Exhibition Department.
Curator practice (for university students in natural sciences and animal sciences)
Implementation is undecided.
Work experience (for junior high and high school students)
We are currently accepting applications.
Aqua World Ibaraki Prefectural Oarai Aquarium Acceptance Guidelines for Trainees
What is an internship
- Required as credits for courses at educational institutions such as vocational schools
- Those who are obliged to do "facility training" as credits for courses at educational institutions
- Requests for dispatch training from heads of other aquariums and museums
- A request for training for the purpose of hands-on learning, etc., from the head of an elementary school or junior high school, etc.
- Please contact the department in charge by phone or email in advance.We will ask you about the contents, so please contact us.
Until the procedure/training decision
- Advance contact
Trainees should contact the following contact information in advance by phone or e-mail.
- Internship request
Intern trainees must fill in the necessary information on the training application form (this museum format) and submit it to the director of the aquarium along with a pledge (this museum format) from the head of the institution to which they belong, the dean of the department, or the person in charge of the course.
- Internship acceptance
The aquarium will decide whether or not to accept your desired schedule, and will reply to the head of the institution where you applied for the practical training in a letter of acceptance for practical training, etc. (this museum's format).
- Confirmation contact, etc.
Regarding confirmation contact before and after, please contact and inquire directly from the person in charge at each school and the trainee himself/herself to the person in charge of accepting training (promotion section).
- The trainee will bear the full amount of expenses required for the practical training.
- If an accident occurs during the training, the trainee and the applicant will bear all responsibility for the accident.
- Please note that we may not be able to accept the trainee depending on the content of the trainee's training, the desired date, the number of days desired, and the situation on the receiving side.
- The breeding training acceptance section will be the fish exhibition section and the marine mammal exhibition section.